Medicare Advantage: a High Value Choice for Physicians and Seniors
- More than 16 million seniors are enrolled in Medicare Advantage and the program is growing.
- Medicare Advantage beneficiaries have access to coordinated care that focuses on prevention and team-based primary care.
- Medicare Advantage has consistently outperformed Traditional Medicare, including in measurements of preventive care and preventable readmissions.
- Medicare Advantage offers out of pocket spending protections not available in traditional Medicare. As a result, the program has been particularly popular among low-income beneficiaries.
- Coordinated care models in Medicare Advantage form a strong foundation for reforming the fee-for-service healthcare delivery system.